Who We ARe
Rochester Area Association of Christian Home Educators is a group of about 200 home educating families working together as a Minnesota non-profit corporation, tax exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. We agree upon parental responsibility for educating our children within a Christian worldview. How we implement this within individual families is varied. Yearly communication with the local school district
and testing fall under each family's domain. However, together we provide our children opportunities and encouragement for life and learning that we could not do alone.
What we Do
Our mission is to share wisdom and foster excellence in home education
from a biblical worldview within our community and beyond.
The following 7 values guide our policies and programs:
- Family – we plan, offer, and support programs and events to encourage families in home education (i.e. annual picnic and graduation)
- Community – we create an environment in which families and students can meet to promote character, citizenship and academics (i.e. sports teams, choir, Evening of Music & Recitation, Science and Project Fair, and ice skating)
- Connecting – we inform members about potential opportunities for home school students and parents through our website, calendar, and newsletter
- Advocacy – we promote home education as an appropriate education method and work with other organizations to protect your right to home school and inform you of issues which may impinge on that right
- Support – we offer our membership a biblical worldview for parenting, educating, and discipling (see Statement of Faith below)
- Excellence – we desire that all of our events and programs are carried out with an intent of respect, love, grace, integrity, and pursuit of giftedness and encourage the same within the home, board and coach leadership, communication sources, and presentations
- Independence – we promote individuality in each family’s approach to home education and choice of curriculum
What WE Believe
The RAACHE Board agrees to the following statement of faith and
all members agree they have read it in full upon joining or renewing their membership each year.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God; inerrant in the original manuscripts, the complete and final revelation of God. We believe the inerrancy of Scriptures embraces not only religious truth, but also the Bible’s scientific, historical, and literary features (2 Timothy 3:15, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe that creation was an act of God, and that the creation of man was a specific act of God, so that man did not evolve from other species (Genesis 1 – 2;7, John 1:3, 1 Corinthians 15:45-49).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:30-33); in His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35); in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26); in His miracles; in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9); in His bodily resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4); in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and in His future personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe that people are born with a sinful nature (Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:3, Psalm 51), and are in need of Jesus Christ as their personal Savior (Romans 6:23).
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from God, whose work convicts the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment (John16:8). He regenerates, sanctifies, comforts, indwells and enables the Christian to live a Godly life (Titus 3:5, 2 Thessalonians 2:13, John 14:25-27, 1 Corinthians 5:11, 6:9-10, Galatians 5:16, 5:19-23; 1 John 2:9, Ephesians 5:3-7, Romans 1:18-32).
- We believe that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and not as a result of works (Ephesians 2:8-9), and that faith which leads to salvation will also be evidenced by good works (James 2:14-18). Therefore, we believe that those who repent of sin and receive, by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ, are born again and shall be saved (Acts 2:38, Acts 4:12, John 1:12, John 3:3).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they who are saved to the resurrection of life and they who are lost to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe that God has given parents alone the authority and the responsibility to educate their children, to train and to discipline them in the fear and the admonition of the Lord, to teach them all that they need to know to love and to serve both God and man, and to equip them to carry our their callings and their vocations before God (Deuteronomy 6:7, Ephesians 6:4).
- We believe marriage is a God-ordained institution consisting of the union of one man and one woman (Genesis 2:18-24).